PO Box 243 Worthington, OH 43085
Meetings are conducted on the last Wednesday of the month, except in November and December, at Sharon Memorial Hall, beginning at 7 P.M. Members from other VFW posts are invited to attend.
The VFW Post 2398 was redesignated as the Paul W. Tibbets Memorial VFW Post 2398 in 2011. Paul Tibbets was a Brigadier General in the U.S. Air Force and is best known for piloting the aircraft (Enola Gay) to drop the first atomic bomb in the history of warfare.
Individuals seeking information about membership eligibility, activities, should contact Quartermaster, John Forsythe (614) 395-7966 or Post Commander, John R. Rachfal (614-888-6137).
The purpose of the organization are fraternal, patriotic, historical, charitable and educational, and are:
- To preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members
- To assist worthy comrades
- To perpetuate the memory and history of our dead and to assist their widows and orphans
- To maintain true allegiance to the Government of the Unites States and fidelity to it’s Constitution and laws
- To foster true patriotism
- To maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom.
- To preserve and defend the United States against all enemies
- John R. Rachfal Post Commander
- Richard Albrecht Sr. Vice Commander
- Vince Vitullo Jr. Vice Commander
- John Forsythe Quartermaster
- Gary Beougher Adjutant
- John Schor Chaplin
- Bill Mirick Trustee
- L.D. Lang Trustee
- Howard Poriss Trustee
What We Do
- Poppies In May and throughout the year, poppy donations are accepted to benefit veterans benefits assistance
- Market Days In conjunction with the Worthington Community, raffles are conducted and gifts/services are donated by local merchants
- Hospital Visits Each week hospitalized veterans in the area are visited by a VFW member and informational assistance is provided
- Voice of Democracy Patriotic essays are written and judged by VFW members with opportunities for scholarship monies
- Patriots Pin Essays written and judged by VFW members and targeted toward the middle schools in Worthington
- Veteran’s Day Activities involving the high schools, local organizations and “meet-a veteran” groups
- Stand down Support Franklin County in assisting in helping homeless veterans with regard to clothing, counseling, care
- Speaking Available throughout the community to relate stories and histories of fellow VFW members
- Scouting Support local troops in parades and remembrances during the Memorial Day parade
- Fire and Police Promote outstanding personnel in their occupation with awards and contributions